Thursday, January 5, 2012

Anyone Out There?

Photobucket


It's been A. Long. Time. Wondering if anyone is still out there...

I've been pretty busy this last year and decided to write just a smidge about it.

We bought a new house in July! As in everything else I buy, I got my house on clearance from the government - a beautiful, perfect, HUD! We have been here a mere five months and I've already ripped out flooring, painted, and installed wainscoting (not done yet). I've also been refinishing and reupholstering furniture since I haven't built anything from scratch in about a year.

It's been a year of change - new house, the hubs was laid off a mere TWO WEEKS after sealing the deal on our new home, and shortly after that I started working closely with the women's ministry at church. I have great plans for this new year so I'm gonna post them here in hopes I will actually DO some stuff this year! Ha!

1. Wall off my office and add French doors
2. Build a nice wall unit and window seat in said office
3. Finish painting the vaulted ceilings and add crown molding to every teensy INCH of ceiling
4. Build window seats on each side of the fireplace
5. Get my bling business off the ground
6. Thank God DAILY for each and every blessing in my life
7. Build and install a porch swing
8. Stain my new front door and hang
9. Paint the concrete on the front and back porches
10. Plant container gardens (no more giant yard for gardening. *sniffle*)
11. Add a glass tile backsplash in kitchen
12. Listen to the Lord and do the work He plans for me


Well, that's it! Let's see what I can accomplish this year. Good night everyone (or the ONLY one who might, just maybe, check on my blog once in awhile)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails