Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Our New Home

I'm so pleased to have gotten a few emails about my post a few days ago - thank you so much for letting me know you're still out there!

Here's what you asked for - PICTURES!


Our new house!!

Since I just CANNOT seem to leave anything alone, I ripped up our downstairs carpet in the office and dining room:

I soaked brown craft paper in school glue and water then laid it on the floor:


After I laid the floor I stained it with Minwax Red Mahogany:


Then sealed it with many coats of Minwax polyurethane:


I started putting up the shadow box (frame) wainscoting in these two rooms, but I pulled it down because it was a weeee bit too formal for me!  I'm now working on some board and batten wainscot in the living room (which will also go in the office and dining room later):


I've also been refurbishing and painting lots of furniture lately!  I'm ready for bed now, but I'll include some of those pics another day.  Goodnight everyone!

*Sorry for the awful pics - my camera is broken so I've had to use my phone!*



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails