Thursday, January 12, 2012

Some New Projects

Well, I absolutely LOVE keeping myself busy, so here's a few of the things I've been working on lately in between doing the floors and wainscot:



A bench I found at a garage sale for $20.  It has a large storage space under the seat, and I added baskets for shoes underneath.  I painted it matte black and added vinyl lettering with my cricut.

I bought some n-a-s-t-y chairs at Goodwill for $80 (4 chairs and a matching table):



Painted them semi gloss black, cut new plywood bottoms, added 2" upholstery foam, and stapled on new fabric:


I made myself a craft station too!  Found this yucky SOLID OAK armoire at a garage sale for just $35:


Painted it semi gloss ultra bright white, added new aqua beaded knobs from HobLob, and painted a branch on the back:



I made a craft table from another Goodwill find.  I bought a table and chairs for $40.  Sanded the table, stained the top dark walnut, added vinyl lettering, painted it satin ultra bright white, then removed the lettering.  You can see the wood grain!


I've done lots of little projects too, but I don't have pics of those yet!

I hope you all feel inspired to go out and refurbish some treasures of your own!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Did you paper over a cement slab? Just curious, because I am wanting to try this technique on a cement or concrete slab. Your looks great! Also, did you use a "gloss" polyurethene to coat the paper floor?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails