Friday, August 13, 2010

It's Been a Week...Sorry!

Well, it's been about a week since I posted.  Sorry.  It's been a so-so week, full of ups and downs, but we're getting back on track!

I fell last week and thought for SURE I had broken my wrist (my RIGHT wrist!).  It hurt like crazy, and I couldn't type, work, drive, etc... for a bit until it felt better.  It finally started feeling better the next day, so I deduced it wasn't broken and have been working with it since.  It still hurts sometimes, but I know it'll be fine.

On Monday, my oldest (Austin) walked out of football practice with a SEVERE limp and a huge ice pack taped to his knee.  My heart sank - he's an exceptional runner.  After three days, he finally has full movement and no pain - thank you God!

We had a heat index of 114 degrees for a couple of days this week, so even if I had felt like working in the woodshop in the daytime I probably wouldn't have with the heat!  I worked at night when the sun went down and the air cooled a teensy bit.  My progress:

One of the end tables is completely built now and just needs to be distressed and stained.  The other one needs to be assembled (the easiest part for sure!).  I built the tops and shelves last week, so now I just need to screw it all together:
I would have been finished with the second one the other night, but I drilled all my pocket holes BEFORE I realized I had trimmed my boards by a whole inch on the other one.  I had to shave off my pretty pocket holes :o(.  By that time I was exhausted, so I just went to bed.  Better luck next time?
I'm almost finished with Austins nightstand.  I had built this cute little drawer when he decided he wanted the "secret" drawer like the one I had built for a client:
I'll have to just save this drawer for Matthews nightstand.  Oh well.  Anyhow, I just need to add the front panel and the front trim (about 10 minutes of work) and it's ready to be sanded and stained!
I also got the hat racks hung in Austins room and I'm soooo pleased!  I spent $7.00 on the wood and supplies, and $9.00 on hardware for ALL SIX racks!  I had originally spent $10.00 on a cheap plastic hat rack that lasted about five minutes and only held half his hats, which is why I decided to build these.  These were really worth the effort!


One of my little munchkins ran off with the pegs for the sixth hat rack, which is why it's still in the garage:
I still haven't done anymore work on the girls' room, so no new stuff to report there.  I AM going to finish spray painting this old Pottery Barn Kids shelf to put in their room though:

I also have a new job I'll be starting once the end tables and nightstand are done:
That bed should be pretty interesting to build!  I'll start the drawings and dimensions today...

Hope you all had a great week!  I'll try to post more on my adventures this weekend, but we have a pep rally tonight and a date night tomorrow so I'll see what I can do.  ;o)

God Bless - have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails