Wednesday, August 4, 2010

End Tables, a Nightstand, and The Room


I actually made some progress today!  I had started cutting the wood for the end tables last night, so today I spent time prepping all the boards and getting the tops glued together (they're glued and biscuit joined in stages - this is the first stage).
The tops...

The shelves, plus extra boards...

We had a bear of a time getting those panels to stay flat!!  You'd think a couple of clamps would do the trick, but my hubby had to step in and create a special "call" to hold these boards flat.  I would have loved to get both tops and both shelves glued, but we didn't have enough clamps to do it.  I'll glue the shelves tomorrow morning, then I'll add the frames to them tomorrow evening.  I also need to get the legs cut so I can get the shelves notched out once they're dry....

While the tops were drying I started assembling one of the 5 nightstands I need to build.  I cut the pieces weeks ago when I was building a bedroom set for a client, but I've never gotten around to assembling it!

It looks pretty funky now, but it'll take me about an hour to build the rest.  Simple.  Quick.  4 more to go!  :o)

I also got the girls' room in order a little bit last night:




We still have a LONG way to go in here, but it least it looks a little better now!  I need to hang the pictures and shelves I already have, plus get started on that special art project I told you all about...

I better get to bed....tomorrow is supposed to have a heat index of 114 degrees, so I'm not sure how much shop time I'll be getting.  Maybe if I work in the morning and at night it might be as cool as 90 degrees?  We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails