Monday, August 23, 2010

The First Day Of School

The kids have now gone back to school and work can begin again.  I had an epiphany today: I can get sooooo much more done when the kids are in school!!

Many of you may be thinking "why does that matter - her kids aren't babies anymore".  Let me tell you folks - babies or not, when there's five of them, there's no more than five SECONDS between each "mommy, he's copying me", and "mom, can I go to....", or "mom, I'm hungry"!  I realized I had been shying away from doing much in the garage most of the summer because I just cannot stand to have to stop every few minutes to be a referee!  :o)  Not to mention it was too warm most days for them to play outside for very long so they would be inside while I was outside, which meant I was constantly worrying what they were getting in to.

Anyhow, after dropping the kids off to school I went directly to the garage and spent two UNINTERRUPTED, highly productive hours working away!!  I finished the end tables I've been working on for three weeks, stained Austins nightstand, stained the shadow box, drew out the design for a girly headboard, and cut the wood planks for my next bed job.  Whew!  I am thrilled to have gotten so much done, and since it was morning, it wasn't too hot!

Tomorrow I need to add the second coat of stain to the nightstand and shadow box, cut out the girly headboard, and start assembling the queen plank bed (more on those jobs later).  I can see that I'll be a busy bee in the a.m, which leaves me plenty of time to have fun in the afternoon!  I'm going to lunch with a friend tomorrow and the hubs and I went to lunch today. 

Here are pics of my kiddos on their first day of school this year:

Austin - 11th grade

Caitlin - 7th grade

Taylor - 3rd grade

Brendan - 5th grade

Matthew - 1st grade

I hope you all have a great day!

P.S. I'm working on getting some more pics of my latest projects up, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. You know I had to post on this one! The kids look great, Caitlin has so much hair! I wish mine was thick, Matthew looks so much older. And Brendan looks so cute, I love Taylors pose, little fashion girl! Austin, what a handsome young man he has grown into! Awesome looking family!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails