Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Extreme Makeover?


For those of us who live in or near Houston, we know that Extreme Makeover Home Edition has been in town this last week! 

My posts have been few and far between these last few days, and here's why:

My badge

I had the extreme privilege of helping the Extreme Makeover team build a new house for the Johnson family of South houston!  Now don't get me wrong - I only build furniture, so I didn't actually build the house, I just helped do some of the trim carpentry, painting, and caulking.  It was an AMAZING experience, and it felt awesome to be a part of this wonderful team.  I took several pictures of what we built, plus pictures of the house (inside and outside), the family going inside the first time, and so on.  I was not told personally, but heard through the grapevine, that they are asking people NOT to post photos until after the show airs next month.  I am respecting that request and won't be posting photos until that time, but be sure to check in after the show airs to see my firsthand pics!!!

A little sign...

I went two different days and got to not only see and participate in the building process, but I also got to help the design team (yes, I saw AND talked to many of the stars you see on TV!) complete the rooms.  They did an amazing job on this house, and from what I heard, it was done for a VERY deserving family.

I am working on some end tables and the girls' room this week, so I have some pictures to post tomorrow...

Have a good night everyone - we're headed out for the FREE Whataburger night!

2 comments:

  1. How cool you were able to experience this! That is pretty awesome you were a part of this and that you got to meet all kinds of people. Did just you go, or did the whole family go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was AWESOME! Kevin went with me the first day and i went with a friend the second day. No one under the age of 18 was allowed at the job site itself, so the kids had to stay home...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails