Monday, July 26, 2010

Slow Day Today

Today was kinda a slow day on the homefront.  Here are the projects I worked on today (and a couple from yesterday):

The old memo board from the blue room.  I removed the board from the frame, spray painted the frame, and took the ribbons off...


Then I hot glued new fabric to the original board.

I am adding new ribbons and reattaching the frame tomorrow...I'll post pictures then.  Remember the old white armoire Kevin built my girls years ago (I showed you all pics a few months ago when I repainted it)?

Original design....


new coat of paint, but it still has a gaping hole in back...

I cut a big, long piece of 1/4" plywood to size...

then hot glued some pretty fabric....

Much better!

  My photography skills are WAY lacking, sorry about that.  Just trust me when I say the paint and fabric made a huge improvement.  I'll be building a new unit for them in a few months, but I figured a little touch up wouldn't hurt in the meantime!

I assembled the beds last night and was planning to attach the header, sand, and stain today but I got tired and decided the inside of my house felt much better than the outside!  :o)  I'll try again tomorrow...

Ready to finish!

I also applied the FOURTH coat of pink paint last night and finally covered all the black!  I removed the tape today only to find that I have to go back and do some touch ups.  Bummer.  Why on earth did I decide it was a good idea to do this???

Looks pretty good from far away, huh?

As long as I can make sure no one gets too close, we should be okay.  Right?  Didn't think so.

This wall is actually going to be pretty awesome since this is only one part of the plan here.  We're doing a neat art project in the white spot, so you'll just have to wait and see what's coming next...*wink, wink*

I also started making my oldest son some hat racks for his hat/cap collection.  I'm making 6 racks, so I'll need to add the pegs and start sanding and staining when I do the girls' beds (easy-peasy).  Hopefully I'll get to that tomorrow.

Anyhow, it's back to the old grind tomorrow - wish me luck!

P.S. I just might have some VERY EXCITING news to share tomorrow, so be sure to check back...;o)

1 comment:

  1. That fabric really did make a difference on that armoire. It looks like more of a closet now. Very cute and the girls are too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails