Tuesday, July 20, 2010

It's HOT Out there!!


Oh my goodness - it's HOT out there!  We've been blessed with some rain over the last few days, so it hasn't been quite as hot as it would normally be - our heat index is only 102 today! 

I've found myself spending more time indoors during the day now since It's been soooo hot.  I'm working in the morning and evening, and very little gets done during the day.  I wonder if Kevin would mind if I turned the front living room into a woodshop?  No?  Oh well!

Anyhow, I'm nearing the end of this storage bed project.  My client wanted a light color stain and requested colonial maple - not too sure I like this color, how about you?


Looks a little blotchy, huh?


Drawer faces

I like to use two coats of stain on each of my projects, but she wants the furniture as light as possible - it needs a second coat in my opinion.  Oh well, I'll just wait and see what she'd like and go from there.  I'm actually taking a break today until I hear from her - yeah!  I've been doing some cleaning out/organizing, and I'm headed to the grocery store in a little while.  The life of a mom....;o)

I'll begin building the girls' headboards tomorrow (hopefully), and would like to get them finished by this weekend.  I am getting really anxious to begin this room makeover for the girls - we've come up with some awesome craft projects I know you'll all LOVE!  Can't wait to share 'em!

Have a good day everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on finishing the bed! I would definitely stay inside, that is way hot. We haven't been to hot up here in Colorado, not too bad. I hope you guys have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails