Thursday, July 22, 2010

Holes, Holes, and More Holes!

Have you ever gotten knee deep in a project before you realize just how involved it is?  I have!   Remember a few days ago when I told you all about my girls' room, and the plans I had in there?  Well, I started with the taping and prepping to paint today and holy cow!  There are holes EVERYWHERE!


A quick view of one of the SMALL walls - do you see all the spackling??


Weird, just weird.  Where could those holes have come from?


Taping and removing outlet covers.


My beautiful 12 year old daughter was so excited to help paint!  Then I told her to grab a putty knife and start filling.  Not so excited anymore.  ;o)

She's a good helper!

I'm working on a few projects at once right now (strange, huh?).  I need to stain the top trim on the storage beds plus add a coat of stain later tonight once it cools down.  Plus, I'll be cutting in with the paint this afternoon and I'm cutting the boards for their beds after the sealer is applied to the storage beds. 

I have a VERY hard time slowing myself down, but I'm trying hard to give myself a bit of breathing room here.  I'm doing a big de-clutter in both my offices, plus the woodworking projects, plus the room redo.  Ugh! 

I am very pleased to report that one of my big jobs scheduled for Christmas (7 pieces of furniture) delivery just got DOUBLED!  I'm thrilled to be staying busy and having a fantastic opportunity to continue to improve my skills.  Thanks be to God - we're on our way to making this a real business!!

2 comments:

  1. Kids are crazy, who knows where those holes came from, they sure don't! (or there to going to tell) :) Painting a room makes such a difference though, it will be nice when it is done! How cute on her wanting to help, and that is so cool on the furniture orders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sunnie - I appreciat eall your comments. :o)

    When I did the other kids' rooms I found all sorts of holes there too. I don;t know how they do it, but it's crazy!! The paint has already made a big difference, even though it's just white. The other colors are being used tomorrow, so I can't wait to see how it turns out.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails